Rocket Chinese Review
What is it?
Rocket Chinese is an online language course by Rocket Languages. The company offers a range of languages from beginner to advanced level.
Unfortunately Rocket Languages has a somewhat tarnished reputation thanks to over plugged reviews on affiliate sites. Looking past these over exaggerated claims however, Rocket Chinese seems to get mixed reviews.
Reviewers all agreed that the strongest element of this course are the audio sections. The speaking and listening elements of learning Chinese were therefore the most useful, but many felt that the reading and writing elements were lacking. Since Chinese uses a unique alphabet, it’s not surprising that reviewers felt that they needed more guidance on this element.
The first level of this course is marketed for beginners but the crowd were divided when it came to this. Whilst some reviewers said it was very simple and not demanding enough, others felt that entering into the programme without any prior knowledge of the Chinese language was simply too difficult. It’s therefore advisable that perhaps some basic knowledge of Chinese would be beneficial before enrolling, or at the least being willing to use additional free internet resources alongside the course in order to clarify certain aspects.
Reviewers found the Rocket Chinese features useful on the whole, although some people noted that the quizzes and games were too simplistic. Reviewers liked the fact that the audio clips could be downloaded and listened to offline and on the go. As with most online language courses, those with busy lives, who didn’t have time for regular one on one tuition, found Rocket Chinese to be a flexible way to learn the language.
Rocket Languages as a whole certainly isn’t as jazzy as it’s competitors. It doesn’t have a fancy app, it doesn’t use technology to automate matching sound waves in your voice and the forums are comparatively quiet. However, Rocket Chinese is a more affordable option compared to other products and reviewers have had success with introducing themselves to the Chinese language and picking up basic phrases.
Is it a scam?
The spammy nature of Rocket Languages on affiliate sites has led many to believe that the Rocket Language courses are scams. However, the company has featured in reputable publications such as The New York Times and the Daily News New York. It was also the winner of the 19th Annual Best Educational Software Award.
Are you suddenly going to be able to speak fluent Chinese after purchasing this course? Almost certainly not. If you’d like to learn a new language however and are willing to put the time and commitment into doing so, Rocket Languages is a good quality affordable option. With some supplementation from private study, it’s possible to reach a decent level of Chinese.
Where to Buy and Download
In order to qualify for the 60 day money back guarantee, you must purchase Rocket Chinese from the official website.
How does it work?
• Rocket Chinese is an online course, which means you will need access to a computer, tablet or smart phone to access the features and information. Audio clips can be downloaded so you can listen and practice on the go.
• You need to lay the foundations when you learn a new language, and this means understanding the mechanics of it. Once you know how a language works, you’ll be able to pick up phrases and vocab much easier.
• Each lesson is complemented with tests, so you can keep track of how much you’re learning and which bits you need to work on.
• To help you practice your Chinese accent, Rocket Record allows you to record yourself and listen back to compare it with a native.
• The course includes a variety of learning techniques so you can use what works for you.
• You can get support from the online tutors or from other members in the forum.
• In order to stay motivated, you can use the tracking system, store notes, make vocab lists and play games and quizzes on the members area.
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /home/infoprod/public_html/wp-content/plugins/crawlable-facebook-comments/crawlable-facebook-comments.php on line 83